Friday 28 August 2009

The beginning

So I've started this blog as a way to hopefully get some things off my chest about some health issues I'm having just now.

It all started back in June 2009....

My sister and I went to Glasgow on 19 June 2009 to see the awesome Take That play at Hampden. The gig was amazing. But afterwards, I wasn't feeling too well. I was sooooooo tired. We were staying at my friend's house and we walked back there after the gig. I struggled with the walk. I'm not the fittest or fastest on my feet at the best of times, but I was exhausted with that walk. It took about 30-40 minutes. The whole time I'm thinking I need to get fit. This is ridiculous.

Anyway, the next morning, I still didn't feel all that well. My husband and I headed home to Dalkeith, and had a quiet day at home. By this time, as well as feeling exhausted, I was sore and nauseous too. My tummy was sore like in an indigestion/heartburn type way so I was taking gaviscon and an anti-sickness tablet. I wasn't liking this very much. I was grumpy (which I frequently am anyway!) and tired and I think my poor husband was getting fed up with me!

On the Sunday, I had to travel back up to Inverness by bus and as I wasn't feeling any better, wasn't looking forward to the journey. It was long and I was miserable. I didn't eat much because of the nausea and I could only take really small sips of water as my tummy was so sore.

I eventually got home and went straight to bed with a hot water bottle.

My mum was also unwell but in a different way - she had pretty much lost her voice (ah, peace and quiet!). But it was almost like who feels worse....

On the Monday, I got up and went to work as usual, but I only stayed until around lunchtime. I was so sore and sick feeling. My colleagues concluded that as I was suffering from unexplained nausea I must be pregnant. By the time I got home and told my mum how I was feeling, she concluded I must be diabetic.

However, on the Tuesday morning..... my eyes turned yellow............

No comments:

Post a Comment